Wednesday, May 8, 2013

OMG... Poop blowout...


HOLY POOP BLOWOUT!

I got up this morning like normal. Nothing big going on, had plans for this afternoon where company was coming over (something came up, hence me typing this instead of straightening like a mad woman), and was all around having a good morning, despite being unable to sleep last night. So I get a shower, I check the munchkin, and she’s fine. No messy diaper, barely peed. So I decide to shower, then change her, and give her a chance to really use that overnight diaper that’s almost bone dry…

I get out of the shower… and my child has poop all over her. Liquid like, runny poop.

Oh my GOD. I gagged. And I stood her up in the tub. It was one of those diapers where you just don’t try and use wipes… you use water and soap and pray it all comes off without you having to touch it a lot. All up the front, up the back, caked on like a big poopie mud pie.

I had to wash her butt for 5 minutes with gloves on to get it all cleaned up. It was super glued to her booty cheeks. It had gotten down her legs and out her diaper, so I KNEW somewhere in her room, there was some poop. That would come later. Like a tactical officer, I had to determine what would come first in the upcoming events… Do I rush to clean her room after I get her clean? Do I was the Dora underwear that she was wearing over her diaper that kept her from, thank GOD, removing her diaper? Do I throw away the wrapped up diaper? Choices, choices…

My order became underwear, room, then disposal. Washed out the undies, found the little bit of nasties in her room, then fully cleaned her room, then disposed of the diaper outside. Thank GOD she loves Spiderman, because that show kept her occupied while I was taking care of all of that…

I wonder how the rest of the day will go. It can’t get worse than that diaper! Why is the other half never home for these nasty diapers???

1 comment: