Saturday, May 11, 2013

Organ Trail Director's Cut- Review


I got a new game!!! I got Organ Trail Director’s Cut!



Now, if you’ve ever played Oregon Trail, you’ll know basically what to do in this game. There’s a few additional bonus things, but other than that, it’s pretty similar. Organ Trail is set in a post-apocalyptic setting, zombies have overtaken the major cities, and D.C. is lost. The government has ordered a nuclear strike in a few hours, and you and your friends have to gather supplies and head out. This is the same as the leaving time that you get when you play Oregon Trail, where you buy your items and leave. But it’s simplified, you get to choose what’s more necessary. Food, ammo, medkits, fuel, scrap, tires, batteries, and mufflers are what you need, now you just have to decide how BAD you need each thing.



Honestly, if you’re smart, and in the beginning I really wasn’t, this game is easy. Scavenge in from 10AM to 2PM DAILY, and you’ll have over 1000 oz of food in no time, and tons of scrap and money. Needing money and scrap are the BIG things in this game, so scavenge as much as you can in those hours of low zombie activity. You’ll need the scrap especially to fix your car, and it takes a LOT of scrap to repair it.



Be cautious with the extra stuff you want to see. And try and keep your whole party alive until the end. You’ll need every party member you can get. There’s a few minigames in the station wagon, one where you run over bandits who try and mess with you, and another where you avoid zombified deer that are in a herd behind you. Try and trade as MUCH as possible for fuel, because it’s expensive as shit to buy. That’s why you need a lot of scrap and money, you’ll have a need for it when you trade for other necessities.



I had really bad luck in this game, I had my muffler break about 14 times, and my tires blew out 3 times. Never had a battery die at least… and I kept my station wagon in good shape. I also had 3 members get bitten by zombies, and 2 had to be put down before getting into the safe zone at the end.



For the end, if you decide to find this game and get it, you’ll need to have a strategy going in. I couldn’t afford to die more than twice, so I ran to the bottom, went across, and up to get my gas cans, then went on and back at the top, rinse and repeat.



All in all, it was a really fun little game. Link for the site to purchase it on will be below.  Alternate means for acquiring said game will not be linked, but I WILL say… they do exist.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment