Friday, December 13, 2013

Who enjoys the Holiday Hassles? Not me!



It’s the holiday season!
So grab your wallets, push those shopping carts.
Don’t forget to see what’s in stock.
And remember to drive like someone’s biting your c*ck,
Because it’s the season of sales and dumbasses!

How’d you like my rendition of that holiday classic? Because that’s how I feel right now. I had to go cash the other half’s check today, so I decided to finish off the holiday shopping. I did really well, too. Got him his gifts, one from me, one picked out by the snotface, got my parents a gift, got my grandparents a gift. Only spent 24 bucks. Not bad at all.



The DRIVING that people were doing though… Oh my GOD, it was horrible!! These people seriously cannot drive! You do not stop in the middle of a lane to cross 2 lanes and turn just because you forgot where your turn was! You do NOT do a U-turn in the middle of the road! You do NOT cut off someone who is attempting to go around your slow ass, for no other reason than you don’t want someone to pass you.

I cannot stand how bad the driving is this time of the year! It’s like watching the stupid people, the lemmings, try and interact with everyone else. Children screaming at their parents, the parents not doing anything about it… The shitty drivers attempting to drive like the other people, and failing for that matter. The adults acting like children about various sales and coupons. It’s silly and ridiculous.

Do I shop during the holidays? Yep. Do I go nuts? Hell no. I went to Bath and Body, ONLY because I had a 25 dollar gift card, and shit was buy 3, get 3 free. That has been the ONLY major sale I hit up this season. Everything else has been normal clearance. Hell, I had my daughter’s Christmas all bought before Thanksgiving, with the exception of a tricycle, which we got second-hand, looking like brand new, for $15… That’s about $30 cheaper than the stores, mind you, $45 cheaper if you go to Toys ‘R Us. (She got a Radio Flyer, those things last forever) 

So why kill each other? Why can people not get a few things here and there as Christmas gifts for the year? Why buy all after Black Friday? It’s so much hassle! Count me glad that I planned ahead. I’m glad I’m not stressing like the people I see on a daily basis, figuring out how to cram a basket full of gifts into the budget with bills and food.

Screw that.

Screw the hassle.


I’m content just relaxing and enjoying the end of the semester with my kiddo and other half, and not stressing about going to the store for the next sale. You can keep your holiday shopping, I think it’s for the birds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment