Thursday, August 13, 2015

Going to SCHOOL! OMG!!!

I got to watch my big girl take a huge leap into an independent childhood this morning! And it was great!

My Rayne turned 4 about half a week ago, and with that came new things, good and bad…Her first blood draw, her first real eye exam, her 4th birthday party, and of course, her first day of school. Not daycare school, which she’s used to, but big girl building, cafeteria, library, full on public school. I’m not going to pretend I wasn’t nervous for her. She’s so outgoing, that some kids are put off by it… would she make friends? Would she get her feelings hurt? How could I help her when she’s all the way at school??


Or even worse… maybe this would be the start of her never needing me anymore. What if she doesn’t want me to do anything for her? What if she’ll be so happy to be away from us that she doesn’t want my help or to play with me at home?

Turns out, I had no need to really worry.

We got in the car about the same time as Daddy, and she was fidgety.

“Are you ok, baby?” I asked her with a smile.

“Uh huh.”

“Are you scared?”

“No mommy, I’m not scared.”

Oh. Well…

“Are you nervous or anxious?”

She tutted me, “No mommy, I’m excited!!”

Oh, well ok! We drive for another minute.

“Mommy… will you come in with me?”

“Of course , baby.” I smiled back at her.

I guess my baby will always need Mommy in some way, shape, or form. 


Oh, and for the record, she was good once we got there. And apparently she had a really good, exciting day, because she fell asleep for a nap about 15 minutes after getting home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment