Monday, December 14, 2015

Happy Holidays!!!!

Hi all! Welcome back!! (This was supposed to be my one blog entry today, but a neglectful wench pissed me off... check that post out, if you are so inclined to see me raging ever so slightly)

First off, let me start off by saying Chloe is finally over that last respiratory infection. It took 6 weeks to get over it. I'm not even joking. I'm just glad it's over now and we can begin to enjoy the holiday season.

We kicked it off with a trip to the holiday parade!! The kids loved the floats! Rayne had a star sabre fight with her daddy. Chloe hid after a while to get away from the crowds, but even she was looking at the floats from her perch off into the distance.



We headed to see the Christmas Lights in Caswell County NC this last weekend. The kids loved it, I've never seen them dance together like they did.



They got to see Santa, and Chloe didn't want to leave.


All in all, it was a really, really good time, and I'm glad my little wiggle butt is coming out of her shell more. It's nice to see her blossom into a toddler, even if she is a bit behind compared to others her age.

I actually have some exciting news, that I have shared already but, you know, not on here and all. I got hired to be a freelance writer for BabyGaga! I've wanted to do that for over a year, but, you know... previous administration was not the best. I missed that site and really wanted to come back a while ago, but I didn't leave on great terms and finally, just finally, I got the inclination to go back. I was offered the position, yes it is paid but it is not like, makin' it rain kind of paid.

(Not my current financial situation)

My first article was posted up, you can check it out here.

Oh, get this, so Rayne's school told me a week ago that I had 3 weeks or more to determine if I wanted to get pictures, right? What did they tell me Friday? Oh, sorry, you only have until Monday... yes, this is the only chance you have to get pics... no, you can't order online.

Of course not, why would I want these? Not like they're
cute or anything... *sarcasm*

What. The. Fiddlesticks?!

These are my kid's first school pics, of COURSE I want them! But sadly, it's also rent week and I can't afford them until Thursday... so, 3 days late. I called the picture company up... school was lying to me. Bright side, I can order her pics any damn time I want from now until freaking August. Which I will... in January.

Speaking of her, is it bad that we've told her that Santa will be mad at her if her behavior in school does not improve?? Because... we did.

Why?

Because she's four and damn it, that threat works for now. I'll take whatever I can to get this kid to stop acting like a fool in class. She's more than capable of good behavior, and I don't care what people say, no kid should be excused from punishment for throwing toys and hitting the teacher, albeit by accident.

Where we plan to be staying at Disney!! 

Anyhow, we're actually planning our Disney trip for March, early March actually. I cannot believe that, hopefully, in less than 3 months we will be headed down to Orlando to spend 5 days in Disney, maybe taking some time to go to a beach down where we used to live while we're there! SQUEE! We have a room picked out, we're getting the Little Mermaid suite, and a resort package. We'll get free wrist bands that act as our room keys, and there's accommodations for Chloe!! That is the biggest plus! It's a trip where we won't be constantly feeling bad worrying about what people think of Chloe, where the cast members will be willing to help us out and not treat us poorly like Carowinds did.


But, yeah... It's the holidays, and we're all happy, having a good time, and ready for good ol' St. Nick to come to our house on Christmas Eve... Now Mommy and Daddy just need someone to watch the kids so we can pick up the last of the presents from the pet store (Rayne wants aquarium supplies after all) and dollar tree (Because she's going to break half the toys I get anyhow).

Happy Holidays, everyone!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment