Monday, April 22, 2013

L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color review

So the other day, my free L'oreal Paris Healthy Look coupon arrived in the mail, and to be honest, I was really excited. I hadn't colored my hair in a while, so the shine that comes with a good color job had faded, and my hair was looking a bit dull. I'm not even going to lie, it was really faded. 

I'm big on do-it-yourself home color jobs, especially when they're done right and look fairly natural. (Except for purples and blues and whatnot. No one ever expects those to look natural, unless you were born on the planet from the Avatar movie.) 

Well the other day, I took the plunge and used my coupon. I brought it home, and decided on my next wash day, since we don't wash hair daily here, that I would be using my color. That day was today. 

I got the munchkin up and fed, and while she was playing in her room, I started my prep, and I snapped a pic to show what we were starting out with. Don't mind the lack of makeup, it was fairly early this morning. 



Yeah, not kidding when I said it was pretty blah. I'm not huge on my natural brunette shade... 

I used this here: 


And I applied vigorously all over my hair. Anyone who's ever used an at-home hair color knows how that process works. 



(Woot for looking exhausted and make-up free in the AM) 

I waited past the 10 minute mark that it gave on the packaging, simply because my hair is notorious for needing more than the recommended time to color. It always takes 5-10 minutes longer. I rinsed, used the conditioner that came with it, and styled, and voila! I do have to say, it came out lovely. 



It definitely told the truth on the package! It added a glossy sheen to my hair, it was honestly easier to style, and the color is absolutely lovely. I really can't complain about it at all, it was easier than a lot of box colors and it was a LOT faster than a lot of box colors. The color is supposed to last through 28 washes, so we'll see how long it lasts. If it washes out in a little over a month or so, then that's actually pretty good, it gives you a chance to either try a new color or touch up and get the same results. 

But yeah, no complaints here!

No comments:

Post a Comment