Monday, January 20, 2014

Clearing the Air : Latest 10 things follow up

Well, I’m seriously laughing right now!

I decided to share my blog on a parenting forum, not because I really care what others think about the writing style and whatnot, but because I enjoy doing this. The one that got shared was the post before this, 10 things pregnancy does not entitle you to do. The responses were hilarious, to say the least. Apparently some of these people have just had the WORST time while pregnant!
The bottom pic was LITERALLY taken
today. Believe me, I am one uncomfy
beach ball right now! 

So, here’s some assumptions I want to clear the air about.

-I’ve never been pregnant.

False. Pregnant right now.


-My pregnancies have been easy!

Nope, my firstborn was breech and every kick made me feel like I was going to collapse. I puked constantly, up until the day I was 8 and a half months along. I hurt. I ached. This pregnancy has been a MILLION times worse. I haven’t had a good night’s sleep in months, I’m chasing a 2 year old, my back aches and I’ve had spells where I pass out or black out or my legs go numb.

I still stand by EVERY word I said.



Last time I checked, this was me and my kiddo. Pretty sure
you need a uterus to make one of those, and pretty
sure a uterus makes me a woman. 
-This was written by a man.

Hm, let’s see… boobs, check… vagina, check… pretty sure I’m missing the vital sausage equipment to be a man, and I’ve got two large milk-sacks on my chest telling me that I’m a chick.

-It could have been condensed/It repeated a lot/etc

Meh, personal opinion. I think there are varying kinds of being a bitch, and that’s why they’re all separated and not just in one big lump of ‘don’t be a bitch’. Besides, yes, be a bitch! I have been! I’m a bitch a LOT. But I don’t treat my partner like shit, or everyone else, or the poor barista making my latte.

Everything else, personal opinions.

I stated many times that I do not think that that article pertains to anyone who is actually on bed rest or anything like that. If you have a legit problem, then it’s obviously not a normal pregnancy. But… honestly?

Again, this was taken today, at 34 weeks and 2 days.
I have to pee ALL the time. I waddle when I walk
and have to sit a LOT because my crotch hurts.
I STILL park in regular spaces OR maternity spaces!
Handicapped spaces are for the HANDICAPPED!!!
Are your mood swings SO bad that you have to take it out on the world?  Probably not. Does that include little slips of snapping at people? Hell no. But being an outright bitch and snapping on occasion are two different things.

Do you NEED that handicapped space? NO. Don’t be an ass, don’t take it from some other poor person who really needs it. Take your time, walk slow! Trust me, if my 8 and a half months pregnant ass can make it, you can too. And no, not every place I go has a maternity parking spot.

Oh, about the peeing thing, seriously is it that hard to make yourself pee when you’re in a store where you can? I live in a pretty small town, and I have yet to throw a fit in any of the MANY stores where there are no public restrooms. I pee before I get there, put on an overnight pad, and I make sure to keep tabs on how bad I have to go at any point in time.

And about the house, I said letting the house go to shit, not neglecting the dusting people. But if there’s 4 days worth of dishes in your sink, there’s an issue.

This isn’t my first rodeo in being pregnant, mind you. However, I didn’t even do most of this with my first.  (The one I did do, was eating my guts out)

Assuming is dumb, people. Trust me, we’re women, we all get bitchy and snarky and hateful. The pics on my blog are really me and my child and partner, and I am in fact a real person. (As any of my facebook friends and family can attest to. Like, you know, my mother, aunts, partner, and more.)


Besides that, this was just to clear the air since a TON of the comments posted were very assuming and WAY off base. I’m sorry if it pissed off any of the women who act like this and didn’t like seeing that, no, not all women think that having a hard pregnancy entitles you to be like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment