Thursday, January 2, 2014

Open Letter to Tech Support

Have I mentioned, ever, that I HATE when jobs, such as, oh, say, COMPUTER TECH SUPPORT, are shipped overseas?
See this? This is what happens with every tech
support job it seems.

Yeahhh…


This is going to sound BAD. But you know what, after the close to 3 or 4 hours TOTAL time I spent with tech support on my phone today… I think I’m entitled to sound a little bad.

First off, I would like to say, PLEASE fix your phone system if you’re going to outsource all your customer service jobs to goddamn India… PLEASE. If it sounds like you’re coming in live from a paper bag at the bottom of the ocean, near an erupting volcano, then guess what? Your phones need fixing. I have to be able to understand what is being said, thanks.

On that note, second… Please hire someone whose accent isn’t so bad that you have to ask them to repeat themselves over and over. They don’t like it, I don’t like doing it. It annoys everyone involved. I’m sure some of the tech personnel have problems understanding the people from Duck Dynasty… I cannot help that the thick accent plus the paper bag reception means I cannot hear half of what they say.
I'll contact you when you can do a better job than
I've already done, thanks.


Third, if I tell you three times that I have done this already, don’t have me do it again. That just pisses me off. I am not stupid, if I tell you I have done ALL of the tech support on the website before calling you… then LISTEN to me. Don’t just dismiss me as being another technically stupid idiot who doesn’t know a printer USB cord from an Xbox 360’s hook up cords. Just because I’m a woman, does not make me technologically illiterate. I know how to hook up a printer and get it working, and if I’m calling you, I’m expecting more of an answer than just to do what comes on the CD that comes with the printer.
 
Mind Blown, people. Mind is Blown.
Fourth, if I tell you the printer is not printing in black ink, why would you assume the whole printer is messed up? I said many times, the color is GREAT. The printer itself is working, it prints colors like a dream. It’s the black ink that’s messed up. Why would you try and give me a refurbished printer, and not even include a new cartridge just in case, instead of just replacing the black cartridge? *mindblown*

Fifth, if I say many times that I’m pissed about the ink levels in the perfectly fine color cartridge, what in your right mind would make you think that I am ok with it? Dude, your company screwed up! I printed about 30 pages of head cleaning sheets and test sheets and shit to try and get it to work. It didn’t. That is NOT on me, that is on YOU. This sucker was BRAND NEW out of the box for a CHRISTMAS gift. I sure as hell didn’t do anything to drain 1/4 of my ink already, especially with the black ink not working. Throw in a damn color cartridge, it costs your company a few pennies to make probably. It’s sure as hell cheaper than shipping me a new printer.

How I feel EVERY time I have to call tech support...
Sixth, if I ask to speak to your supervisor… connect me to a supervisor! I promise you I don’t forget the lack of compliance to send me to a supervisor, and I will bring it up the next time I call, and there will probably be a next time since I have a feeling you lied to me and are NOT sending me the color cartridge you promised to send.

(By the way, if that color cartridge is not there, I WILL make a formal complaint to the BBB and other places… Just so you know)

I mean come on now people! I never start out as a bitch when I call, I know it’s just you doing your jobs… but when you jerk me around like this and I have to spell things out for you, or you treat me like a dumbass, then yes, I am going to go from polite to annoyed pretty quick.

And if the best tech support you can offer is the same tech support that comes on the disc from the factory… then yeah, I don’t think you know enough to tell me what’s going on with my printer.


Get your shit together, tech support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment