Thursday, January 9, 2014

The downfall of parenting in Society: Swearing Toddler and More

Yesterday, I read two stories that absolutely disgusted me and one that made me smile and beam at my computer screen. Funny thing is, they all, in a way, tied into each other. Let me explain.

The first one was a video of a Omaha toddler who was being coached to not only flip off the adults in the room, but also to swear, telling them to “Shut up, Bitch”, and “Suck my Dick”, coached to say that he “wants pussy”, use the word ni**a, and act belligerently. Basically, things that would disgust most people with even an ounce of morality in their systems.
Link to Article/Video: Heartbreaking Video of Toddler   *NSFW- Lots of foul language, and be warned, it is HARD to watch this child get treated like trash by his own family and loved ones...*


The second one was an article stating that the Obama administration and Attorney General Eric Holder taking a stance on zero tolerance policies in schools, saying that they were targeting African American students and that they were, in a nutshell, racist because more black students were punished under these standards than white students, according to them.

I’ll explain the third one at the end.

I’m going to link the video (see above), and you know what….
Look at this and honestly TELL me that you think
this is OK somehow...

You tell me that the video in question doesn’t directly correlate to the statistics that more black children get punished in schools than the white kids… Go ahead.

Tell me that ‘this was an isolated incident’. Tell me that ‘not all black parents are like this’.


I am aware of that. It’s the actions of the few that are tainting the actions of the many.

How many are watching those explicit rap videos in front of their children? How many are dressing in booty shorts and tube tops with their tits hanging out in front of their kids? How many are saying ‘Ni**a this, ni**a that’ or ‘that ni**a owes me money!’, or the father calling the mother a bitch? Or the rap videos calling women bitches and hoes?

See this? NOT APPROPRIATE for your kids, people!!!
Before anyone states the obvious, yes, I know the videos are not appropriate for children. Then they should not be watched around children.

See this? This is Appropriate for children. Not the other
picture with the gangsta and half naked chicks... 
Do you know what I watch around my toddler??  Sesame Street, Super Why, Mickey Mouse. The most I will watch around her, adult show wise, is Supernatural, or movies like Mamma Mia!, or the old Street Fighter movie. And as SOON as she repeats a foul word that she will inevitably pick up, we tell her that you do NOT say that. We teach her to listen to the adults in her life. To tell us, her parents, if someone hurts her. To control her      anger.

That’s called being a parent. Just because you pop out a child from your crotch, does not make you a mother. Donating sperm to a willing woman does not make you a father. It takes real work.

The boy’s uncle was one of the ones coaching that child to act like that. Do you know what I would do if my brother was teaching my child those things? I’d tell him never to come back around my daughter. He’d be LUCKY that my other half didn’t kick his ass… outside of the view of my child of course, because you do NOT teach those things to a child.

This goes to parents of ANY race, color, creed, etc. It’s not only black parents who are teaching this shit.

Kids should NOT be DOING this!!! And yes, she is
freaking twerking... 
Don’t teach your 2 year old to twerk, then get shocked when she ends up knocked up at 13. Don’t have your 4 year old play Grand Theft Auto, and then get shocked when the child goes out and robs someone or sells drugs or steals cars at 15. Don’t teach your child that the world should be serving them, and wonder why they end up in jail by 17.


You want your kid to dance? Do like so many others do, and either save up for dance classes or put on ballet or AGE-APPROPRIATE dance tapes for children. Not Miley’s twerking ass, or Beyonce’s half-naked ass-shaking, or one of the many male rappers who ends up tossing dollar bills on the backs of women in their videos.

THIS is what kids should be doing.
Not Twerking.
Be a damn parent. Don’t be an idiot. Kids are not there for your amusement. You are there to teach them how to be a productive, kind, and good person. Not to get them to cuss and flip off everyone who they disagree with.  If you are incapable of doing this, then maybe your kid needs to go to someone who CAN.

And people wonder why we have so much disrespect and why children are having sex in middle school more frequently now. Look at some of the parenting going on.

I should NOT have to sit my child down in pre-k and explain why your kid was trying to play doctor with another kid, and take their clothes off when no one was looking.  And if you put me in that position, you are not going to like the explanation I give my child… that some people shouldn’t have children because they teach them the wrong things. And that, that child should not be doing that, to tell her teacher, and to let me know if it keeps happening. And I will tell her to stay away from your child. Because my child does not need to associate with a 5 year old who thinks twerking on a male classmate is what she should do. And since the child isn’t mine, I can’t fix that. A few playdates with my child would not help. That is all on the parents, and I’m sorry, but you cannot fix stupid.

People wonder, therefore, why school’s zero tolerance policies are seeming to target black children.
Thinks all statistics in the schools regarding discipline
are racist because of the amount of black
kids who are being punished. *eyeroll*


I don’t think they are. I think, sadly, that is the demographic that is portraying themselves that way for the most part in these schools… and it’s showing in the records. How many of those black students in these statistics are repeat offenders? Was that shown? I don’t know how some of these parents are, but ALL of the parents I knew growing up, would have taken care of the issue before a second transgression took place.

You want to walk around looking gangsta or ‘thug’? Here, let me take those clothes, trash them, and replace your wardrobe.  Nothing wrong with pants that fit and T-shirts that don’t have bling all over them. Nothing wrong with cheaper shoes, they last about the same as those expensive ones anyways. And before anyone says ‘their money, they can buy whatever’, let me remind you that the child would be living in MY home. Under MY roof, eating MY food, while I pay the bills. No, they can follow MY rules. You do not act like a hoodlum under my roof.
See this? Not a place for stupid bullshit...


I think, while there are a LOT of white kids that are doing these things, and other races, that sadly, a large demographic now that does cause the severe trouble is what is shown in the statistics. I don’t think racism has anything to do with it. I think that’s just who is doing the transgressions that are under the zero tolerance policies. And that is a hard pill to swallow for some of these people.

It’s not all about race.

Sometimes, the kids really ARE deserving of the punishments they’re getting. Hate to say it, but it’s true. The world is not out to get these kids… they often are just acting like little hoodlums. And as someone who is raising a child to NOT act like that… I’m GLAD they’re standing up and refusing to let these kids get away with it.

The government needs to back off. Aren’t they already more involved than they should be?? How well are the SOLs and other standards of learning tests in other states REALLY working? Especially since it’s showing in some studies that the average reading level for many college graduates… is a 5th grade reading level.
Last time I checked, they don't need to have their
nose in various state issues... like
EDUCATION.


How do you even graduate HIGH SCHOOL with a reading level like that??

Maybe if the government took their noses out of discipline in schools and stepped in when it comes to, oh, actual education, maybe we’d have less people who think that saying ‘Do you want fries with that’ qualifies them for $15 an hour, like it’s really hard work…

I’m sure working in a fast food place is tough… it does not require $15 an hour… because it is not a skilled trade.

This is called good parenting. I know, it's RARE these days.
You know what made me smile, though?? The third story. It was a man, a father, who has taken a voluntary paternity leave to spend time with his kids. He snapped a pic of him getting his kid ready for school with his infant on his chest in a carrier.

Go him!


THAT is the kind of parents we should be wanting to see! The kind of parent we should PRAISE. Instead, people were trashing him! Telling him they bet he’s a deadbeat, that the kids probably aren’t his because they are lighter than him, how he was a traitor to his race because he married a white woman, among other things.

REALLY? People are STUPID!

I’m not saying the guy deserves a parade or anything, but SHIT. He’s being a FATHER, and a damn good one at that!
 
This is ALSO called being a good father.
Whew, two rarities in ONE day! CRAZY!
My other half is like this guy. He loves on my pregnant belly, asks how she’s doing almost daily, he’s sat with me sitting between his legs while he just rubbed my belly for over an hour… he gets our daughter dressed, he’s taken care of her while I was too sick, he makes her meals, he gives her baths, brushes her teeth, helps her clean her room, sits her in his lap to ‘play video games with him’, watches TV with her, takes her places, spends time with her, teaches her things, and so much more. He is her protector. And apparently, him taking that active of a role means he’s overcompensating? Or that he’s secretly a deadbeat?

Please. Don’t give good dads a bad name because you’re jealous or secretly annoyed at yourself for not being as good as them. Don’t talk shit because you can’t step up.

(and by the way, he is SO not overcompensating for anything. *wink* He has no need to do so, none at ALL)

More dads should be like him, and like the guy in the picture who got flamed for sharing a cute family moment with his kids.

We should be expecting more of parents, not less. This goes for mothers as well.


Step up people. If you want different results with your kids in school and in society… teach them how to act. Don’t teach them to be delinquents, like the child in the first story, and expect upstanding citizens, or wonder why they end up in juvenile detention. Be realistic, and teach your kids to have morals and respect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment