Thursday, January 2, 2014

Munchkin Minis #2- Jahi McMath

Ok, I’ve had this one on my brain for weeks now, and I’ve honestly just been waiting to see how it will play out. But, it seems like, despite it all, the family is going to fight. So, I feel it’s a good time to speak my peace on it, and it’s going to be short, because to be blunt, the main thing I think needs saying, is one sentence.



Take that child off of life support and let her body rest in peace.

Mind you, I’m not saying that as if I just read about this. I’ve been reading about this from the beginning. I can’t imagine the suffering her family is going through. But, that said, the girl is getting no oxygen to her brain. She is brain dead. And I would LOVE for someone to link me to proof that hospitals are just using that diagnosis as a way to get organs from a site other than lifesitenews.com or whatever it is… I don’t read religious propaganda garbage and claim it as fact.

Fact: Many sources have examined her and have found her to be brain dead, including sources independent of the hospital. She is not coming out of this.

Fact: Her body is sustained by a machine, and without it, she would be dead in minutes.

Fact: As of writing this, there isn’t even a feeding tube in her to give her calories. She is going to waste away.

Fact: Jahi has NO SAY in the matter as to what she would want! Would she WANT to live her life unable to communicate with her loved ones or care for herself?

Would you want to be hooked to these the rest of your
unaware existence? I thought not...
There is more to this than the parents making a choice. It’s also about a teenage girl who, due to complications in surgery from a tonsillectomy and tissue removal to correct sleep apnea, has been taken from the world far before her time.



She needs respect too. And respect is not always in the form of being alive. Think about that. What would YOU want? 

No comments:

Post a Comment