Friday, January 3, 2014

Restaurant Review: IHop Danville VA

My first restaurant review! What a shame that it happens on such a sour note…

Location: 101 Teal Ct, Danville VA, 24541
Time: 9:45 AM to around 11 AM

Apparently a place for ALL of your needs...
Well, color me disgusted.  I dined in at the local IHop restaurant today, at around 9:45, with my daughter. Mind you, I didn’t go to IHop expecting first class here, but I was not expecting this.


First, it took my waiter 15 minutes to even notice that my child and I were waiting for him to take a drink order. It’s not easy to explain to a thirsty and hungry toddler why no one has gotten us a drink yet. Also, no one even offered us a booster seat. My child is 2, I would have loved to have the option.

Second, when he did come to the table, he was in a rush. The place was not that packed, and yet he flippantly told us that he was busy with other people and that he would be a few getting to us. This is for a simple drink order. I could understand that for food, but a drink order and getting a drink out takes mere minutes.

I found one of these. But opened. And more gross. 
Third, and THIS is what really made me upset… I can guarantee you that the staff at this restaurant is not doing their job cleaning right, because under the table where we were seated, was a CONDOM wrapper. Please keep in mind that I was with my very SMALL child. The fact that it was there alone is disgusting, but think of the germs it could have had on it! If my child had picked that up and then put her fingers in her mouth, she could have gotten so sick! Someone with an STD touching their dick could have opened that thing under the table, and slipped it on!

 Luckily I saw it and toed it further away from her sight. However, after waiting another 10 minutes for my waiter, who had proceeded to bring out a drink and rush off again without making sure things were ok, I got up to leave. As I did, he had our food, and as I had a hungry child, I told him instead what was under the table and he allowed us to move to another booth.

A rendition of the wait staff at this IHop.
Mind you, there was not ONE apology for the disgusting surprise we had found. Not a one. The whole thing was dismissed, and I never saw anyone pick it up before another table was seated there.


He checked on us one more time after food was brought out, and that was to give us the check. I had to flag another waiter down for a box to go, since, as I’m 8 months pregnant, and the child behind us was engaged in a rather disgusting conversation about diseases and pests and whatnot, I could not finish our meal. I stayed long enough to let my child eat, take a nibble, and then leave.

When I brought it up to the girl who rang us up, she did not apologize, she talked on the phone while ringing us up, and she simply took a dollar off our meal. In my opinion, if you find something THAT nasty under your table, so nasty that it plays a role in turning off your appetite, the whole thing should be comped.

What I looked like during this whole meal. At least
the kiddo ate... 
I was so disgusted with the service that I decided to just leave, I had other errands that I needed to get done, and I did not have time to ask for a manager, when I had expressed what had happened multiple times. A manager should have been informed IMMEDIATELY.


This was BY FAR the worst customer service I have gotten in a restaurant in a LONG while. On a plus, the food itself was delicious. The rest left a sour taste in my mouth. I more than likely will not be back.  


So, to finish off… not recommended. If you want breakfast in the AM, go to a different location or make it yourself, but do not go to the IHop in Danville VA. Terrible customer service in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment